Mirage Porcelain Stoneware
What is Mirage porcelain stoneware?
Porcelain stoneware is a compact, hard-wearing material with next to no porosity (i.e. it absorbs practically no water). The distinctive feature of porcelain stoneware slabs is their composition, because only the purest materials – minerals, kaolin, feldspars and clay – are used to make up 99% of each individual tile, and colours of natural origin complete the attractive appearance.
The compacting process is carried out without the use of adhesives and resins, and the material is given an even appearance by means of mechanical pressing, using a pressure of 500 Kg per cm². It is then fired for a variable length of time in kilns of over 90 metres long, at temperatures of over 1250°.
What are the main features of Mirage porcelain stoneware?
- A huge range of colours, sizes and finishes are available, making it versatile and easy to coordinate;
- It stands up to abrasion and wear better than any natural material;
- Fire reaction class A1 – european law (non-combustible);
- It is easy to clean and does not absorb organic substances and bacteria liable to cause allergies and other problems. Strong detergents or disinfectants can be used; • It is frost resistant;
- It is stain resistant, and when used in the kitchen, oil, wine and coffee marks can be removed. The surface is not damaged or stained by perfumes, creams or nail varnish. Very strong detergents or solvents can be used without the risk of damaging the material.
What are the main distinctive features of Mirage EVO_2/E™?
Mirage EVO_2/E™ is a material characterised by excellent technical performance and outstanding appearance: an exceptionally hard product, which absorbs practically nothing and has unparalleled mechanical characteristics. Find out more
Is the EVO_2/E™ project also suitable for application in public areas?
What is the EVO_2/E™ Contemporary Landscape project?
Mirage Evo 2/e is the first 20 mm porcelain stoneware tile produced and sold as a complete project for outdoors and gardening: a complete system of paving and special trims for public and residential outdoor areas, presented in a unique combination of beautiful appearance and outstanding performance. A new concept of ceramics that offers you a huge range of sizes, colours and finishes, as well as a variety of laying techniques.
What laying solutions can be used with Mirage EVO_2/E™?
The Mirage EVO_2/E™ project offers a series of solutions for laying paving suitable for all kinds of ground and surfaces: it can be laid on grass or gravel, used for raised floors or glued to screed, guaranteeing maximum versatility. Find out more