Laying on gravel, grass, concrete slabs with glue or raised?
The EVO_2/E™ by Mirage offers you a set of solutions for laying paving on all types of terrain and surfaces - indoor, outdoor and garden - to offer full laying versatility. Moreover, whatever the surface to be laid on, EVO_2/E™ porcelain stoneware uses the same laying systems as ordinary outdoor materials.
The ideal laying solution for creating walkways, barbecue areas and gazebos: by laying EVO_2/E™ slabs on the ground, you can preserve the underlying lawn, preventing it from being damaged by weights or heavy foot traffic.
Laying on gravel ensures correct soil drainage, through the gaps between the slabs, allowing the water to drain off into the ground. This laying solution is ideal for projects where permanent floor laying is not possible.
The ideal laying solution for outdoor driveways, car parks, garage ramps, as the laid surface is extremely resistant to both dynamic and concentrated loads. Expansion joints are required, and the gaps between the tiles must be filled with cement-based grout.
- Outdoor pavings installed unglued above the ground level are subject to the action of the wind, with the risk, in some cases, of becoming airborne. The manufacturer recommends to require the assistance of a qualified professional in order to check the suitability of the installation system above the ground adopted, in accordance with the local laws and regulations and the conditions of use. Failure to do so could result in serious injury or property damage.
- A ceramic slab installed on a raised pedestal system may fracture on impact if a heavy object is dropped onto it from a height, with a risk of injury to anyone standing or walking on such slab. Failure to adhere to the manufacturer’s instructions for installation of slabs on raised pedestal systems may result in serious injury.
- For further information and recommendations concerning the installation systems please refer to Evo 2/e 20 mm. catalogue.
If the application of the 20 mm slabs foresees the ceramic product used in structural installations, the project engineer and/or customer must carefully assess the project requirements with regard to the technical specifications of the slabs. To prevent the risk of damage or injury, the manufacturer recommends:
- With regard to a raised floor installation a ceramic slab may fracture on impact if a heavy object falls on it from any significant height. Therefore the manufacturer recommends to check the specific intended use before starting the installation and to follow table for raised installation provided below. In certain conditions, reinforcing must be applied on the back of the slabs (mesh plus or galvanized steel sheet) supplied and applied by the manufacturer;
- With reference to any dry installation system of flooring above the ground level, the manufacturer recommends to comply with local regulations and conditions of use with regard to wind-load, loadbearing, seismic events, etc.
Failure to comply with these recommendations may lead to improper use of the product and could cause serious damage or injury.